Our online registration process is back up and running!
Thank you to everyone as we worked through these technical issues.
* 2019 Registration
on Saturday, January 19th *
Welcome to Girls Rock! Camp
GRC Mission statement: to provide a dynamic and positive environment where 4-12 year old campers’ leadership, well-being and creativity can thrive and be celebrated!
1. Baden (Steinmann Church – 1316 Snyder’s Road, West)
- Session One – July 8-12 – Theme: Camp(her)
- Session Two – July 15-19 – Theme: Dream It – Do It!
2. Cambridge (Wanner Church – 1725 Beaverdale Road, Cambridge)
- Session Three – July 22-26 – Theme: Camp(her)
3. Forest Hill (Calvin Church – 248 Westmount Road, East, Kitchener)
- Session One – July 8-12 – Theme: Art Attack 6.0
- Session Two – July 15-19 – Theme: Farm Girl
- Session Three – July 22-26 – Theme: Gettin’ Dirty
- Session Four – July 29 – August 2 – Theme: She Can S.T.E.M.
4. Stanley Park (St. James-Rosemount Church – 171 Sherwood Ave, Kitchener)
- Session One – July 8-12 – Theme: She Can S.T.E.M.
- Session Two – July 15-19 – Theme: Art Attack 6.0
- Session Three – July 22-26 – Theme: Farm Girl
- Session Four – July 29 – August 2 – Theme: Gettin’ Dirty
5. Uptown (Mount Zion Church – 29 Westmount Road South, Waterloo)
- Session One – July 8-12 – Theme: Gettin’ Dirty
- Session Two – July 15-19 – Theme: She Can S.T.E.M.
- Session Three – July 22-26 – Theme: Art Attack 6.0
- Session Four – July 29 – August 2 – Theme: Farm Girl
6. Waterloo North (All Saints Anglican Church – 685 Highpoint Avenue, Waterloo)
- Session One – July 8-12 – Theme: Farm Girl
- Session Two – July 15-19 – Theme: Gettin’ Dirty
- Session Three – July 22-26 – Theme: She Can S.T.E.M.
- Session Four – July 29 – August 2 – Theme: Art Attack 6.0
2019 Theme Descriptions
- Art Attack 6.0: To quote happy artist Bob Ross, “We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents.” So let’s make lots of happy little accidents this week as we explore artistic techniques such as illusion, tessellation, negative space, and so much more! According to the American Art Therapy Association, the creative process reduces stress, enhances interpersonal skills, and increases self-esteem. Who knew that a box of crayons held that much magic?
- Camp(her): A-camping-we-will-go! Let’s get in touch with our natural surroundings this week by pitching a tent, going on a hike, singing ‘round a “campfire”, consuming s’mores, going fishing, and participating in a water regatta. Let’s unplug our devices and recharge in the great outdoors!
- Dream It – Do It!: Marilyn Monroe said, “A wise girl knows her limits. A smart one knows she has none.” It’s time to set your dreams in motion this week! It’s inspiration 24/7 as we set some awesome goals, motivate our fellow sisters, and explore our own unique & unlimited potential. And of course we will can’t fuel our visions without including uplifting guest speakers, decadent recipes, and energetic games and activities. Sweet dreams!
- Farm Girl: This week we will get our ducks in a row and look for the needle in a haystack while going hog wild in our barnyard. Translation: let’s meet some inspiring female farmers, pet a couple of farm animals, dine on farm fresh cuisine, and host a Fall Fair. Our campers and staff are going to be as happy as pigs in dirt ‘til the cows come home!
- Gettin’ Dirty: Forget “sugar and spice and everything nice.” Our campers can be made of mire and mud and everything fun! Let’s embrace the messiness of life this week! We’re going to play grubby games, create chaotic crafts, make ragtag recipes, and embrace our sloppy selves with complete abandon!
- She Can S.T.E.M.: Marie Curie discovered radium. Ada Lovelace programmed the first computer. Emily Roebling helped to build the Brooklyn Bridge. Dorothy Vaughn contributed to the NASA space program. What can we discover, program, build, and contribute this week? You decide! This session is all about creative exploration, inspiring guest speakers, science in the kitchen…the opportunities are infinite!
Every day at Girls Rock! Camp is filled with opportunities to build confidence through learning, exploring, leading, mentoring, laughing, performing, cooking, sharing, reflecting, relaxing and playing. Each and everyday.
Girls Rock! Camp offers weekly themes that include engaging activities: active games, Jr. Chefs program, amazing guest speakers, H.O.P.s (Hugs-on-Paper), relaxation (get your Zen out!), S.L.O.B. (sports, Lego or books), Art Studio, Recording Studio, fundraising, Dramatic Arts, science exploration, spa potions and So. Much. More.
“Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much.”
– Helen Keller